Jason O’Meara, Partner
Jason joined McWilliams Davis in 2022. Since his admission in 2015, Jason has focussed on strata and property related matters and has experience in all Western Australian Courts and the Federal Court of Australia.
Jason supports strata companies, developers and property owners to resolve disputes as efficiently as possible.
He has acted successfully in a wide variety of matters including strata disputes, adverse possession claims, fraud claims, encroachment issues, trust disputes, debt recovery matters, commercial litigation, claims for the recovery of possession of real property, insolvency claims and local government inquiries.
Jason is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia, Strata Community Association (WA) and the Australian College of Strata Title Lawyers. He also serves on the Legal Affairs and Policy Panel of the Strata Community Association (WA).
Some matters that Jason has been involved in include:
State Administrative Tribunal – Strata Law
- Applications for orders validating the minutes of general meetings of a strata company.
- Application for orders and declaration relating to the interpretation of by-laws the and establishment of cost centres.
- Responding to an application under s. 90 of the Strata Titles Act 1985 (WA) for orders exempting a structural lot alteration which was contested by the strata company.
- Enforcements of strata company by-laws against lot owners in relation to unapproved alterations to lots and common property, keeping of pets, undue noise, inappropriate behaviour and parking issues.
General Property Law
- Various Magistrates Court and Supreme Court contested actions for the recovery of possession of real property.
- Breach of trust action against former trustee, seeking an account and appointment of replacement Trustee.
- Fraud and misleading and deceptive conduct claim for overpayment of monies on a property purchase transaction.
- Encroachment and boundary dispute from an established building.
- Large nuisance claim by various businesses against state government department.
Phone: (08) 9422 8910