Paul McWilliams, Director
Paul has over 15 years’ experience practising as a lawyer. During that time Paul has gained experience in pre-eminent national, international and boutique law firms.
He has previously been a solicitor at a national Australian law firm practising in the areas of commercial, finance and property law and an Associate at the Singapore branch of an English law firm specialising in syndicated cross-border acquisition and asset finance.
Paul practises in the areas of property and business law, primarily in property development, strata titles, managed investment schemes and property syndication, trusts, contract drafting, finance and securities, conveyancing and leasing.
Paul has extensive experience in the law dealing with these practice areas and maintains a focus on assisting clients with property, financial and commercial transactions.
Paul was most recently recognised as a recommended lawyer in the Doyle’s Guide 2020 list of leading Western Australian property and real estate lawyers.
Some recent matters Paul has been involved in include:
- the sale of a leased office tower on St Georges Terrace for $64m;
- purchase of a leased CBD office building for $24.5m; and
- purchase of a West Perth office building for $8m.
- acted for a developer on the acquisition of a residential development site valued at $30m; and
- led negotiations on behalf of a developer to enter into a development lease with the Department of Regional Development and advising on all legal aspects of the development through to the completion of the estate.
Strata / Survey-Strata Title Developments:
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for a 75 lot, mixed use strata building in Fremantle;
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for 28 suite strata tiled private hospital in Subiaco;
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for a 70 apartment, mixed use strata building in Claremont;
- advising a solar power company on multiple embedded electricity networks in strata buildings; and
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for survey-strata developments in North Coogee, Bayswater, Maylands, Bushmead and Piara Waters.
- advised on all aspects of the purchase of industrial land in Western Australia valued at $46m, including advising on debt and equity (unit trust) funding and the conveyance of the industrial land; and
- advised on the acquisition structure and development management strategy and for the purchase of industrial land in Western Australia valued at $86m.
- managing a suite of 40 farm leases in the South West of Western Australia for a private company, including preparing the farm leases; and
- acted for a tenant to negotiate a lease with an Aboriginal Corporation over cotton farming land in the Ord River region.
Phone: 08 9422 8988