Paul McWilliams, Managing Partner
Paul has over 20 years’ experience practising as a lawyer. During that time Paul has gained experience in pre-eminent national, international and boutique law firms.
He has previously been a solicitor at a national Australian law firm practising in the areas of commercial, finance and property law and an Associate at the Singapore branch of an English law firm specialising in syndicated cross-border acquisition and asset finance.
Paul practises in the areas of property and commercial law, primarily in property development, strata titles, property syndication, trusts, contract drafting, finance and securities, conveyancing and leasing. Paul has extensive experience in dealing with high value and complex matters in these practice areas.
Paul has been repeatedly recognised in the Doyle’s Guide, most recently in the 2023 list of leading Western Australian property and real estate lawyers.
Some recent matters Paul has been involved in include:
- the sale of an office tower on St Georges Terrace for $64m;
- the sale of an office tower on Murray Street for $35m; and
- purchase of a leased CBD office building for $24.5m.
- acted for a developer to acquire a residential development site north of Perth valued at $50m;
- acted for a developer on the acquisition of a residential development site east of Perth valued at $30m; and
- led negotiations on behalf of a developer to enter into a development lease with the Department of Regional Development and advising on all legal aspects of the development through to the completion of the estate.
Strata / Survey-Strata Title Developments:
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for a 75 lot, mixed use strata building in Fremantle;
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for 28 suite strata tiled private hospital in Subiaco;
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for a 70 apartment, mixed use strata building in Claremont; and
- advising on and preparing off-the-plan contracts for sale for survey-strata developments in North Coogee, Bayswater, Maylands, Bushmead and Piara Waters.
- advised on all aspects of the purchase of industrial land in Western Australia valued at $46m, including advising on debt and equity (unit trust) funding and the conveyance of the industrial land; and
- advised on the acquisition structure and development management strategy and for the purchase of industrial land in Western Australia valued at $86m.
- managing a suite of 40 farm leases in the south west of Western Australia for a private company, including preparing the farm leases;
- acted for a tenant to negotiate a lease with an Aboriginal Corporation over cotton farming land in the Ord River region; and
- advised on the sale of contaminated rural industrial land east of Perth.
Phone: 08 9422 8988