Joe Scurria, Partner
Joe was admitted to practice in 1991 after graduating from the University of Western Australia in Law and Commerce.
In his early years of practice Joe worked in the Perth office of 2 large national/international law firms in the areas of commercial property, litigation and banking/finance.
In 1995 Joe established his practice in Bunbury and successfully grew the firm over 21 years to become one of the most active firms in the South West in the areas of property, commercial, wills, estates and succession planning.
Joe has always maintained a strong interest in commercial, property and succession law and in particular has acted in the following areas:
- acquisition of office premises and retail centres;
- commercial, retail and industrial leasing;
- joint venture land development;
- formation and vesting of discretionary and fixed trusts;
- preparation of wills, testamentary trusts, enduring powers of attorney and related documents;
- administration of deceased estates;
- succession planning for individuals and business enterprises;
- transfer of farming land between family members; and
- consideration of (stamp) duty issues.
With a strong rural background, Joe acts for primary producers in the areas of dairy, beef, sheep, wool and grain. He regularly works with farm advisors to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Some recent matters Joe has been involved with include:
- advice to a large commercial property agent in relation to sale and leasing of retail, commercial and industrial property;
- advising a joint venture participant in the development of semi-rural land in the South West;
- acting for the landlord of newly developed retail and office premises in the Bunbury CBD;
- acting for the landlord of a cinema complex in the South West;
- acting for executors of deceased estates involving general property interests, discretionary trusts and self-managed superannuation funds;
- preparation of complex wills involving a range of property and controlling interests;
- acting for farmers in the disposal of property interests and related succession planning; and
- acting for a supermarket chain and leading civil and mining contractors in relation to their property dealings and business planning.
Joe is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia.
Phone: 08 9422 8966